Support the Foundation
he Friends of Liljestrand Foundation support the exceptional spirit of Liljestrand House, a National and Hawaiian landmark on Mount Tantalus overlooking Honolulu.
Designed by Vladimir Ossipoff and built for Betty and Howard Liljestrand, the house is recognized as an outstanding example of Ossipoff’s work and mid-20th century modern architecture.
The Liljestrand Foundation has made the Liljestrand House available to the community for many years by opening the space to a variety of charitable, cultural and educational organizations. Since 2010, the Foundation collaborated with thirty local and global non-profit organizations on more than eighty programs and events, including tours, meetings, cultural programs, mediation sessions and conferences. The Foundation also produces an annual calendar of mission-driven programs in architecture and design, civic engagement, East-West understanding, education, environmental conservation and public health. Support from the Friends makes these programs possible, and contributes toward the ongoing stewardship of the property.
Join us in becoming a Friend of Liljestrand!
$1 – $149 DONOR
$250 – $499 CONTRIBUTOR
- Admission for two to a House tour. Advance registration required
- Invitations to seasonal special programs and events
- Advance notice of ticketed events
$500 – $999 PATRON
Contributor benefits plus:
- Invitation for two to the annual Liljestrand holiday party
- Advance notice and reduced admission to ticketed events
- Annual gift of Liljestrand card set or publication
$1,000 + DESIGN CIRCLE
Patron benefits plus:
- Unlimited admission for two to House tours. Advance registration required.
- Annual Special Event at Liljestrand House
- A private House tour for up to 10 guests
- Acknowledgment (if desired) as a Design Circle member on the Liljestrand Foundation’s website and select printed materials
The Liljestrand Foundation offers small tours of the home—contact us if you are interested in arranging a visit.
Use as a Venue
The Liljestrand House is available for charitable, cultural, and educational events. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Friends of Lilestrand Members
Anonymous Family Foundation
Gregory Dunn and Terence Leong
Vicky Durand Liljestrand
Halekulani Art and Architecture Program
John Ike and Ike Kligerman Barkley
Estate of Eric Liljestrand
Scott Massey in memory of Sonja Mollenhoff Massey
Dan and Allison Rose
Diana and Sid Snyder
Francesca Calderon Steichen