Visit the House
Book a Tour
90 Minute Group Tour
$40 per person | $20 student rate | Ages 10+ | 90 Minutes
Up to 8 People
Liljestrand House offers tours that give visitors a detailed look at the house and provide a discussion of the architect, the client and the architectural principles behind the design. Tours are given in English and take approximately 90 minutes. Please note that this is an adjusted group tour format due to COVID-19 restrictions on gatherings.
$500 | Ages 10+ | 90 Minutes
Up to 8 People
Private tours offer an in-depth experience of the architecture and history of Liljestrand House. Tours take approximately 90 minutes. Visits can be arranged by appointment pending schedule availability. Private tours in Japanese, German and Italian are also available pending schedule availability.
Private Sunset Tour
$800 | Ages 10+ | 2 Hours
Up to 8 People
Sunset tours offer an in-depth experience of the architecture and history of Liljestrand House along with the opportunity to enjoy wine and light appetizers on the upstairs lanai overlooking Diamond Head. Tour fee is $800 for a maximum of 8 guests for up to 2 hours. Guests may bring white wine or clear beverages and light appetizers of their choosing. Please note that kitchen facilities are not available for use.
Important Tour Information
- Photography is permitted at Liljestrand House for private noncommercial use only. Permission to publish, reproduce, exhibit or distribute images must be obtained by separate agreement.
- Because of the fragile nature of the wood floors, we ask guests to remove their shoes.
- Pets, backpacks, large bags, tripods, extension poles and selfie-sticks are not permitted.
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, children younger than ten years old are not permitted on tours.
- The house is not air-conditioned and can sometimes be quite hot during summer and fall months. Guests are welcome to bring water provided it is in a securely lidded container.
- There is no bus service; you will need a rental car, cab or rideshare service. The drive takes about fifteen minutes from downtown Honolulu or thirty minutes from Waikiki.
- Detailed directions from different parts of town will be provided once your reservation is confirmed.
Health & Safety Policy
Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your tour.
Proof of full COVID vaccination will be required to enter the house. Acceptable proof of full vaccination is a hard copy of a state-approved vaccination card; or a photograph or copy of a state-approved vaccination card; or a Hawaii state approved digital/smart device application confirming full vaccination status, including via the Safe Travels program/application. Identification with the same information as the proof of vaccination must also be shown.
Children 12 years and under are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
Liljestrand Foundation staff will request this information upon arrival at the house. Guests who do not comply with these rules will not be allowed entry nor will ticket refunds be given.
All Liljestrand Foundation staff and volunteers have been fully vaccinated.
- Stringent Cleaning – We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests.
- Social Distancing – We have decreased the maximum number of guests per tour to adhere to state and city orders regarding COVID-19 and to ensure a safe 6-foot distance inside the house.
- Face Masks – All staff and docents will wear face masks. We require all guests entering the house to wear face masks as well.
Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 72 hours-notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Please email us to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No- shows will be charged the full price.