Visit the House
Book a Tour
90 Minute Group Tour
$45 per person | $20 student rate | Ages 10+ | 90 Minutes
Up to 10 People
Liljestrand House offers tours that give visitors a detailed look at the house and provide a discussion of the architect, the client and the architectural principles behind the design. Tours are given in English and take approximately 90 minutes.
$600 | Ages 10+ | 90 Minutes
Up to 10 People
Private tours offer an in-depth experience of the architecture and history of Liljestrand House. Tours take approximately 90 minutes. Visits can be arranged by appointment pending schedule availability. Private tours in Japanese, German and Italian are also available pending schedule availability.
Private Sunset Tour
$800 | Ages 10+ | 2 Hours
Up to 10 People
Sunset tours offer an in-depth experience of the architecture and history of Liljestrand House along with the opportunity to enjoy wine and light appetizers on the upstairs lanai overlooking Lē`ahi (Diamond Head.) Tour fee is $800 for a maximum of 10 guests for up to 2 hours. Guests may bring white wine or clear beverages and light appetizers of their choosing. Please note that kitchen facilities are not available for use.
Important Tour Information
- Masks are required to enter Liljestrand House until April 1, 2023. Please bring your own mask. Guests who do not comply will not be allowed entry to the house.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted on Liljestrand Foundation property.
- Photography is permitted at Liljestrand House for private noncommercial use only. Permission to publish, reproduce, exhibit or distribute images must be obtained by separate agreement.
- Because of the fragile nature of the wood floors, we ask guests to remove their shoes.
- Pets, backpacks, large bags, tripods, extension poles and selfie-sticks are not permitted.
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, children younger than ten years old are not permitted on tours.
- The house is not air-conditioned and can sometimes be quite hot during summer and fall months. Guests are welcome to bring water provided it is in a securely lidded container.
- There is no bus service; you will need a rental car or taxi service. The drive takes about fifteen minutes from downtown Honolulu or thirty minutes from Waikiki.
- Please be sure to check the directions included with your tour email confirmation, especially if you are are unfamiliar with the area. We do not recommend taking a ride share service such as Uber or Lyft. Often, drivers will refuse to bring passengers to the house, instead dropping them at our gate which is a quarter mile from the house. Ride share drivers can also be reluctant to pick passengers up at the house so it can be very difficult to get a ride from Liljestrand House back to your hotel or lodging.
Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 72 hours-notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Please email us to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No- shows will be charged the full price.