Visit the House
Book a Tour
90 Minute Group Tour
$120 | Ages 10+ | 90 Minutes
Up to 4 People
Liljestrand House offers tours that give visitors a detailed look at the house and provide a discussion of the architect, the client and the architectural principles behind the design. Tours are given in English and take approximately 90 minutes. Please note that this is an adjusted group tour format due to COVID-19 restrictions on gatherings.
$350 | Ages 10+ | 90 Minutes
Up to 4 People
Private tours offer an in-depth experience of the architecture and history of Liljestrand House. Tours take approximately 90 minutes. Visits can be arranged by appointment pending schedule availability. Private tours in Japanese, German and Italian are also available pending schedule availability.
Private Sunset Tour
$600 | Ages 10+ | 2 Hours
Up to 4 People
Sunset tours offer an in-depth experience of the architecture and history of Liljestrand House along with the opportunity to enjoy wine and light appetizers on the upstairs lanai overlooking Diamond Head. Tour fee is $600 for a maximum of 10 guests for up to 2 hours. Guests may bring white wine or clear beverages and light appetizers of their choosing. Please note that kitchen facilities are not available for use.
Important Tour Information
- Photography is permitted at Liljestrand House for private noncommercial use only. Permission to publish, reproduce, exhibit or distribute images must be obtained by separate agreement.
- Because of the fragile nature of the wood floors, we ask guests to remove their shoes.
- Pets, backpacks, large bags, tripods, extension poles and selfie-sticks are not permitted.
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, children younger than ten years old are not permitted on tours.
- The house is not air-conditioned and can sometimes be quite hot during summer and fall months. Guests are welcome to bring water provided it is in a securely lidded container.
- There is no bus service; you will need a rental car, cab or rideshare service. The drive takes about fifteen minutes from downtown Honolulu or thirty minutes from Waikiki.
- Detailed directions from different parts of town will be provided once your reservation is confirmed.
Health & Safety Policy
Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your tour.
- Stringent Cleaning – We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests.
- Social Distancing – We have decreased the maximum number of guests per tour to adhere to state and city orders regarding COVID-19 and to ensure a safe 6-foot distance inside the house.
- Face Masks – All staff and docents will wear face masks. We require all guests entering the house to wear face masks as well.
- Wellness Checks – All staff and docents receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- Safe Travels Hawaii Program – All Hawaii residents and out-of-state visitors who have arrived from out-of-state will be asked to verify they have received a negative COVID-19 test prior to arrival or have completed the mandatory 14-day self-quarantine prior to the scheduled tour date.
Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 24 hours-notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Please email us to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No- shows will be charged the full price.