Barwa Lounge Chairs
Before the Van Keppel Green furniture that is still there today, there was a pair of Barwa lounge chairs on the pool deck. Betty Liljestrand purchased them in 1952 and had them recovered in 1955. The Barwa chair was designed by Edgar Bartolucci and John Waldheim and introduced in 1947. Our facilities and events manager, Trudy, recently unearthed the aluminum frames in the garden. Amazingly, they are in pretty good condition. Adding them to the list of future restoration projects!
See image gallery for the original receipts. Cover photo taken by Howard Liljestrand in the mid-1950s.